Sunday, May 3, 2009

Beans, Beans, A Magical Fruit...

...the more you eat them, the more you want to plant more!
Saturday was an exciting day in the Finch household. It was finally time to plant the garden! Spencer and I can't decide whether it's easier having more helping hands, or exponentially harder. I guess Hunter definately was a liability, but Corbin, Miles and Ella-marie did a great job! Here we are after planting the twelve tomatoes and six rows of green beans.
Michelle and Ryan, these are for you...Miles is planting the Peruvian beans, Corbin is planting the Colombian beans, and Ella-marie and I are planting the Brazilian beans. Spencer took care of the hot peppers. And Hunter is digging up the cucumbers that Spencer also had just planted. One step forward, two steps back...

Hunter was quite a mess after we were done. This picture was taken even after he had wiped his face with his hands. Before it had looked like he had brown boogers coming out of his nose. And also note the brown socks...really, they are white. Well, at least I hope they will be white again after I wash them.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What fun! We knew that we could entrust you with the awesome responsibility of single-handedly tripling the types of dry beans grown in Tennessee.

Kathy Finch said...

Oh - What memories....
I bet you can hardly wait till harvest.
ALL THOSE HANDS!!!!

TLC said...

my little wild hunter.
look out teenage years!

I bet you just love me reminding you of that-haha!