Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bike Riding Extraordinaire!

I took Miles out to learn to ride a bike today. I didn't have very high expectations, but I figured we could do an hour of working on it. Lo and behold, just when we were both ready to quit (after 40 minutes), I just decided to let go because I couldn't keep up anymore and ZOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!! away he went! It was quite a shock to both of us. Miles realized that I wasn't right behind him after about 20 seconds and then panicked. That didn't stop him though because he got right back on and said "Let go Mom. Mom, let go! Moooooom!" I guess my little bird was ready to leave the nest and I was unable to let go. So, Miles learned to ride his bike in 45 minutes. Quite impressive. And then he didn't ever want to stop.

I do want to share my favorite crash of the morning...Miles was riding quite well, but didn't quite turn in time to continue on the parking lot. I saw his arms both go up in the air, his whole body launch up and then.............nothing. He completely disappeared from sight. He had gone over the edge of the lot and down into a grassy ditch. I was laughing so hard I could barely run over there to help him out of it. It was very funny to see. Miles wasn't even hurt in the process. It was a good time.

No comments: