Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Birthday and Happy Mardis Gras!

Ella-marie turned 5 this past week! What? I can't believe it either!

Ella-marie picked...drumroll please...funfetti cake. But at least I was able to guide her in the right direction with fudge frosting. That made all of the difference in this cake. And also I had an epiphany with this birthday cake. Kids don't care whether the cake is shaped, circle or just an easy 9x13 cake, as long as it has fantastic heart shaped decorations and sprinkles up the wazoo. It was the easiest cake I've ever done, and it received much applause and accolations. Very much in the moment. What a delicious cake!


Ella-marie requested a super-Ella cape for one of her presents. After I fixed it (when Hunter got a hold of my scissors and "trimmed" it for me) it turned out quite nicely. Note to self: when sewing and have to go downstairs to iron, TAKE SCISSORS WITH SELF!!

Oh yes, it's a princess sing-along CD. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to sing along, only Ella-marie.


Mardis Gras

Mardis Gras this year was also my sister's birthday, so we decided to go all out for our Mardis Gras party. We had delicious Cajun chicken club sandwiches, sweet potato pancakes, and a beautiful (cough, cough, ugly) cake. It was all very delicious. And the kids wanted Michelle to know that we were thinking about her, and thus the picture. Happy birthday Michelle!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that last picture. There are so many hidden treasures - the "beautiful" cake might catch your eye first, then you see Corbin and Miles ever so proud of their creation, then you see Hunter and Levi going from semi-growl face to I'm-going-to-crush-you face. And all in honor of Michelle - priceless! - Ryan

Amber F said...

Michelle is a lucky ducky, it's oh so true!