Friday, December 12, 2008

The Cookie Crumb Mystery

So, yesterday morning when I walked into the kitchen after my shower, I found a mysterious trail of chocolate crumbs that went from the garbage can into the hallway. Very mysterious! And I asked two of my children, who shall remain nameless, whether they had gotten out of bed and eaten food while I was in the shower. After a little hemming and hawing, they finally admitted to have moved a chair, climbed up on the top of the fridge, and eaten two moonpies each. And all this before 7am! I was ready to strangle both of these nameless children with my bare hands. Needless to say, I was not happy with either of them. Their consequences started off with not having any sugary food at breakfast...no raisins, banana, yogurt, or granola on their cheerios. Just plain cheerios and milk. You would have thought I was torturing them big time. And also, they didn't get any dessert after dinner. Which was extra sad because the missionaries were over for dinner and so I had made a new recipe for butterscotch apple cake. They were devestated! I don't know what else to do. I no longer have any moonpies on my fridge (sorry Spencer) because I tossed them in the garbage, and my pantry is pretty much cleaned out of candy/treats because they have had this problem before. The butterscotch apple cake was so delicious! I am going to put the recipe up at the end of the week. I loved it.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Good thing you read all those Nancy Drew mysteries when you were a kid so that you could get to the bottom of the crime. Luckily for you and the culprits no one got locked in the attic; although I am sure that Ned Nickerson would have come in the nick of time.

Kathy Finch said...

Such a mean mommy!!! (I admire you) I think I would have buckled by dinner. Is that why my children were hellions?

Spencer needs a treat drawer hidden some where that only he knows about and not too full or he will over eat.

I Love you guys.

Aaron, Kristy, Emma & Autumn said...

Boy, I can't wait until my little monster is able to climb up and sneak things off the fridge! I only hope that I will have as much patience as you do! I admire you also!