I had been doing really well writing more than once a millenia or so, and then Hunter and I got sick. We both had strep throat and I think that being sick is way worse as an adult than as a kid. And yesterday I got a call from the school nurse. I really have started dreading hearing from Mrs. Glover, because it's never good news. School nurses have a thankless job, and I'm glad that I'm not one. Miles threw-up all over! It's always a good time when there's throw-up involved. And I'm sorry to say that I was thankful that he threw-up at school instead of at home because I didn't have to clean it up. Shame on me, I know. Luckily for me, Tierra was willing to come watch my sleeping kids while I went to pick him up from school. Another thing I am thankful for is that Miles is big enough to aim into the barf bucket! It's so much easier to have sick kids when they can aim. Today I am thankful for little things like that.
Since all of the kids are home from school today, we "played" Scrabble. Corbin did a great job sounding out and spelling words on the board. Words like "quit" "rabbit" "egg" "exit" "octopus". I was very impressed. And Miles worked on his letter recognition while putting the tiles in the longest line ever. He is doing great learning his letters. Ella-marie practiced her fine motor skills by trying to put the tiles on her holder without knocking others down, and also she's learning some letters too. Silly Hunter just wanted to sit there holding the box of letters in his lap while running his hand through the tiles. And Levi nursed. It's pretty cool to see their different levels of learning. And the fact that they were able to do it without fighting is a major bonus in my book. Hopefully no one else will catch Miles' bug today so that I can send the boys back to school tomorrow.
3 comments:
I hope everyone starts feeling better. It's no fun being under the weather. And having sick kids is worse.
Hope everyone is on the road to recovery.
I am so glad that you are training them to play scrabble. That is not Ryan's favorite game (actually it might be his least favorite game) and I don't get to play it very often at all.
PS The sewing machine is working again. The Christmas banner may be completed this month.
I would love to be there to watch them learn. children are so fun. Enjoy it while you can. Papaw and I love and miss the bunch of you. Kiss everyone for us.
Post a Comment