Sunday, March 1, 2009

Desert Island

We were having pleasant dinner conversation one night this week and I thought I'd ask a thought provoking question. And since I enjoyed the answers so much, I decided to share them with everyone. The question was...if you were on a deserted island, what three things would you take? Easy enough question, and here are the answers, in order as they were given:

Corbin:
1. Bathtub
2. Washing machine
3. Drying rack
(Island must have a banana or coconut tree)

Spencer
1. "How-to" book
2. Bag of various seeds
3. Machete knife

Amber
1. Water purifier
2. 3 year supply of chocolate
3. Blanket

Miles
1. Blankie
2. Bathtub
3. Washing machine

Ella-marie
1. Blankie
2. Ice-cream
3. Boat
4. Bathtub filled with water
5. Swimming suit

We thought together that Hunter would need 1. first-aid kit 2. cookies 3. blankie

I really thought the answers were priceless. What are you going to hook a washing machine up to on a desert island? And for that matter, why do we need a bathtub filled with water if the island is surrounded by water? Ah well, it's good for some laughs!

5 comments:

Aaron, Kristy, Emma & Autumn said...

That is so cute! It's amazing what kids think of!

Michelle said...

Michelle would take:
1. Her man Friday (aka Ryan)
2. Matches
3. Seeds
Ryan would take:
1. His baby Friday (aka Helen)
2. 3 years supply of peanut butter (as long as Amber brings the chocolate)
3. Scriptures
Helen would take (since her parents are already coming):
1. Cheerios
2. Blanket
3. Pacifier

TLC said...

Amber does this mean if you got stranded that you would forgo this so uncool chocolate strike? WOW.
You wouldnt even take Spencer, but a huge supply of choclate. Now your talkin!

Lets see, Tierra would take.....
1. 3 year supply of books.
2. My Ipod that would just happen to have an endless battery.
3. 3 year supply of shampoo.

I figure... well, there should be food on the island and i could use a few pounds anyway. As for shelter, {I'm with spencer--one of my books would be a "How Too" book}


As for your kids...I was laughing so hard. Too cute. Leave it Ella to name more then three!

TLC said...

oops ***LOOSE*** few pounds LOL
Def. not use a few pounds LOL

Hannah said...

1. Hugh Jackman
2. Boy Scout handbook, preferably with a fork/spoon/knife combo in the back
3. a soccer ball to chat with