We are in the throes of potty-training Hunter. And in the depths of dispair. And ready to pull my hair out, one strand at a time.
For example, this morning Hunter stayed dry during our walk and when we got home I put him on the potty. No problem. He kept saying "Pee-pee, pee-pee" and looking down, but nothing happened. Finally, after 10 minutes he gave up in disgust and as I walked away, I said (and I quote) "I'm going to put you back on the toilet in 5 minutes because you need to go." No more than 10 seconds after I pulled his pants back on, there was a puddle on the floor. AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
But it gets even better, about an hour later I smelled a little something funky. I asked Hunter if he was poopy and of course he said "NO!" I didn't believe him one bit so I went over to him and grabbed his pants and pulled them out to look. Guess who got fingers full of poop? Oh yes, that was me. The poop had traveled up his behind and was at the top near the waistband, so yes, I got fingers full of poop. I thought I was going to die.
So, our next option is bribing Corbin to train Hunter over Thanksgiving. $5 is a small price to pay to have someone else do it.
1 comment:
Just don't let Corbin know it is something that you dread. He will be a great teacher.
Post a Comment