I've had enough! I decided this last weekend that Levi was out of luck because I am totally done with the whole binky drama. I'm done, just done. Levi, however, was not pleased with my decision and has decided that I am a terrible mother. Ah well, such is life. Let me give you a rundown of our marvelous weekend.
Friday night: Crying. Crying. Screaming. Cursing his mother. More crying. Moved Ella-marie to our bed so that she could go to sleep. Crying. More screaming. Pitiful whimpers. Feeling like a terrible mom, but won't give in. Falls asleep 1 hour 15 minutes after being put in bed. Still hiccuping from all of the crying. Woke up twice crying and cried for 20 minutes each time. Not such a bad start for the first night...
Saturday morning nap: Screamed for 1 1/2 hours. Tore bed apart, took off all clothing until foiled by snap buttons. Never slept. Finally gave up and got him up (and got him dressed).
Saturday afternoon nap: Repeat of morning nap, only a little less crying and a smidge of sleeping. Probably about 20 minutes asleep before crying again.
Saturday night: Only crying and cursing for 30 minutes. Still put Ella-marie in our bed. Finally fell asleep with all of his clothes on and his blankets in his bed. Counted as a success. Didn't wake up in the middle of the night at all.
Sunday morning nap: Repeat of Saturday morning nap. No sleeping.
Sunday afternoon nap: Cried for 20 minutes and slept. Only slept for 1 hour because he got woken up by his brothers. (whom I wanted to wring their necks)
Sunday night: Didn't cry when put down. Instead decided to become room president and started bossing Ella-marie around and talking to her. Talked for 45 minutes and then slept. In fact, there were five people "chatting" for that time period. Hmmm, seems suspicious. Slept all night.
Monday morning nap: I wish!
Monday afternoon nap: YES! Only cried for 5 minutes and then slept for 2 1/2 hours.
Monday night: Children were threatened within an inch of their lives to not talk so that Levi could go right to sleep. Yahoo!!! IT WORKED!!! Fell asleep within minutes without crying at all. This may be the best evening of my life!! Once again Mom is the victor and the binky is gone!
No comments:
Post a Comment