Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Japan, continued

We are having such a great time here in Japan. Michelle and Alice are doing really well, and we are trying hard to keep Helen and Jane busy so that Michelle can spend her life nursing. Ahh, I remember those days...

Michelle and Alice (9 days old)


Here we are at the Samari House museum. The grounds were beautiful, especially with the snow. Inside the house we had to take off our shoes and slip some house slippers on. It was as cold inside the house as it was outside!

This is the Samari warrior outfit that he wore. Also note, the large samari sword beside. I've been looking for one of those for Spencer, but so far, no luck. Plus I'm not sure they would be very happy with me at the airport if I showed up with that in my suitcase.

Me inside the Samari House.

Another part of our Japanese experience has been vending machines. There are vending machines everywhere! And they sell everything under the sun. They are all very brightly colored, some have flashing neon lights, and you can find them on every corner. Here I am bravely trying to pick a drink. It was a success! I managed to pick a peach/grape juice! Whew! Sometimes it is worrisome as to what we are eating. I'll go into more detail when I post our sushi making class pictures...

Did I mention that you can buy ANYTHING out of a vending machine? Dad decided that we needed some eggs. Yes, eggs. Who knew that you could buy eggs out of a vending machine?

Sushi class pictures tomorrow...

No comments: