Sunday, December 11, 2011

Japan!

So, I figured since I've been incapable of blogging whilst at home, perhaps I will have better luck in Japan. I'm in Japan!! The children asked me to take pictures of every single moment of this trip, so here you go...
Our seats were right next to the wings on the 747 gigantic monster of a plane that we were flying on. And apparently, it is shorter to fly north over the Arctic Ocean than it is to fly straight across the Pacific. Hmmm, I'm still not convinced. But here you can see the wing and the frozen wasteland of the ice floes. It's a good thing we didn't have to stop here. Below is a picture of Mom and Dad on the plane, it must have been the first half of the plane, they're still smiling!


Here we are at the bullet train station. The Japanese are very orderly and wait in their little lines waiting for the train. Unfortunately, it was dark when we were on the train, so we couldn't tell how fast we were really moving.

Jane and Helen with their new 'babies'. They really love the blankets and burp cloths that I made for them.
We visited the Shinto Temple on Sunday. It was kind of snowy, in case you couldn't tell. And I'm not sure why this is underlined, but we're just going to go with it.

All of the Shinto temples have these beautiful gates leading up to them. It was very beautiful in the snow. A little cold, but beautiful.

Mom dared me to pull the bell rope to waken up the spirits. I didn't really ring it, but I should have, perhaps I was afraid of what 'spirits' would wake up. Maybe my children across the ocean?

We are having such a fun time. Really this is like a vacation, with Michelle spending all of her time nursing Alice and the rest of us going from party to party.

No comments: