We fixed the curtains today. It wasn't on Ambers list of things to do. But we did it anyway. Lowes has a wide selection of screw anchors. We chose two types...I don't know why it had to be two different types. We used the ones shaped like a V on Amber's nice curtains in the living room. We used these plastic toggle things-that sort of bend back on themselves when screwed in-on the bedroom curtains. Now when the children decide to play tarzan and swing from vine to vine, or simply just want a good hiding place for hide-n-seek but can't seem to stay still once behind the curtain...well the anchors should hold the curtains in place...that or cause the entire wall to cave in on top of my little monsters.
This week we visited "Winter Wonder Land". The boat place by the race track is putting on a wonderful light show. They use LED lights and then synchronize everything with music that is broadcast over the radio. You get to drive around the place surrounded by these blinding lights. The kids giggle and even sing along. And the proceeds benifit local food ministries. The show is awesome. I highly reccomend it. If you go, tell me and I get you a flyer to take with you. It has my band's logo and we get $1 for every car that presents that flyer upon entry. Oh, I think the place charges $10/car.
The snow yesterday was great. I considered going in to work, but I have a few extra vacation days...so I took one. It was fun to be a stay at home dad for the day. Amber took the morning for herself. Hunter and Ella-marie treated me fairly well, even when I made lunch differently than Mom.
I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. The only problem I forsee is that I already eat too much. Amber's just too good of a cook. Eh, we all have to die from something. Let my demise be food.
-Spencer
3 comments:
Way to go Spencer -- taking a turn writing the blog! You did a great job and it's fun to hear about family activities from your point of view. Now if I could only get Doug to write . . . .
Lucinda
Great job on the curtain project, Spencer. And the next time your kids mention your sandwiches are not like "mom's", I recommend adding chocolate syrup. I bet that would quickly win them over to your style.
- Ryan
I heard that Ryan...shame on you to suggest that to Spencer! Plus, if he did that, then he'd have to hang the curtains again because the kids would be really crazy and swinging like Tarzan.
-Amber
Post a Comment