Well, I have given up on the anti-thumb fingernail polish. Everytime I went in to check on Ella-marie and Hunter, they both had their thumbs in their mouths. Apparently, it doesn't matter what it tastes like. I was thinking about taking pictures of their sad, sad thumbs for everyone to enjoy, but Michelle and Mom put the kabash on that. Something about it being too gross to look at, you know. I am out of ideas as to what to do. I certainly can't cut off their thumbs, and the bandaids got sucked as well, and the polish obviously tasted just fine. Any ideas?
I sucked my thumb when I was little and I remember my mom trying all sorts of different things for me too. What finally worked though was that she took my blankie away and hid it in her closet. My poor, sad, lonely blankie, all by itself in that cold, drafty closet. I am still dealing with the emotional issues apparently, but I did stop sucking my thumb. Probably because of the trauma. Mom finally gave me my blankie back in the year 2004 when Spencer and I bought our first house and moved all of my stuff out of my parents house. I was 22.
2 comments:
Amber --
I am in tears reading that sad, sad tale of your blankie! I didn't realize I had done such a horrible thing to you. Also, remember you weren't 1 or 2, you were probably 4 or 5. I'm sorry, but at least you don't suck you thumb any more!
Love, Mom
I know someone who has two daughters, they both sucked their thumbs. She got their Doctor involved. I think some thing along the line of....
"if you don't stop sucking your thumb, you'll have to get a shot in your thumb." It worked. ??? I bet they are afraid of shots now, but they stopped sucking their thumbs. ??? Good luck.
Post a Comment