Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Turkey-lurkeys

Today we made our world famous Thanksgiving Turkey-lurkeys. I would like to thank my mom for making our childhood special by making these with us every year. I am just passing along the memories to my kids too.
Ella-marie really appreciated putting the candy corn on. She has one turkey, the one on the right, that has a beak and a mullet. It's all good!

Levi, on the other hand, is thinking..."Please Mom, don't eat the chocolate..."

Hunter loved the frosting. He didn't understand the concept that the frosting was supposed to go on the turkey, not in his mouth. Luckily, Spencer was there to guide him.

Miles had a lot of fun making his turkeys. He was very meticulous. Isn't that interesting? Even though, as soon as he made them, he was ready to eat!

Corbin was so excited to FINALLY get to make his turkeys! He asked me everyday for a week whether we could make them yet, and everyday he was devestated when I told him that it wasn't time. Today, he was ready and willing. He even made some for his teachers at school.

















1 comment:

Christi said...

Amber--I've been thinking about your parents and Hannah since I heard about Mumbai a couple hours ago. I don't have an email for them, but did leave a post for them on the blog. I understand that they travel to Mumbai for church/etc. I'm a little worried about them given the general nature of things. Please email me--crazycougar03 at gmail.com. Our hubbies were on the same floor at the Y. I don't know if you remember me, but we moved into your parents' ward in 2003... Please email me if appropriate. thanks.