Monday, February 23, 2009

Thumb-sucking Saga...and more

We finally have success!! Ella-marie and Hunter haven't sucked their thumbs for 48 hours. Yeah!! The thumbs taped, like in the last post, did not work so well. I went in to check on them and they both had their thumbs in their mouths and the wrapped tubes sitting next to them on their pillow.

So we amped up the tape and taped their thumbs plus their hands.

This has made us very successful. Ella-marie is very excited and was tickled pink that she could tell Grandma and Aunt Michelle today that she hasn't sucked her thumb for two whole days! I think that we're going to keep using the athletic tape for a few more days and then gradually wean them off.

As a side note, we are also now proud parents of the new spokeskids of Tough Traveler baby backpacks! As you can see, Levi and Hunter are both so excited to be a part of our hikes. Levi just gets up on my back and giggles because he's so happy. We're so ready to go camping and hiking with the cousins this summer. Helen...you'd better keep practicing with your backpack too...Uncle Ryan needs to make sure he's in good shape. Maybe we'll trade kids halfway through the vacation. Wouldn't that be a real treat?



2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so proud of you Ella-marie! You are getting to be such a big girl.

AS far as hiking goes, I think that it would be a bad idea to trade children half way. We would definately getting the bad end of that deal. Little people get to carry little babies. I think that is a good rule of thumb, wrapped in tape or otherwise.

Aaron, Kristy, Emma & Autumn said...

I am so glad that you found something that finally worked! When we got around to taking Emma's pacifier away she SCREAMED for it for about a week!!!
Now she's not sure what to do with one if she finds it!!
Hope you're feeling better soon so we can take you out for your birthday dinner!!!
-Kristy