Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Our new fabulous Dining Room!

I really wish that I had some before pictures of our dining room. I'm not sure that you can fully appreciate our new room without seeing the old nasty green curtains, or nasty green paint, or the nasty green painted window and door frames. It looks so much better now. And the dining room is now also officially Miles' favorite room in the house because it is all blue.

The curtains, made by me, are made out of the same fabric as the chair seats. Spencer was even brave enough to glue the wobbly chairs back together. It's like having a new dining room table set. No fingers are allowed to wipe themselves on the chairs.
Note the new silver chandelier and silver curtain rods...all spraypainted so that we didn't have to buy any new ones. And the lovely stripes were painted by Spencer and I. I love when Spencer has spring break and needs a project to work on.


3 comments:

Nicole said...

It looks really good! Matching seat covers and everything, wow! I am impressed with those stripes, we would never have the patience to do that. Tell Spencer to tell Rob that the chair rail wasn't hard to do (even if it was), we need to put some up in Adam's room and have been putting it off for, oh, about 2 years! :)

Craig said...

That really looks good!

Kathy Finch said...

Yo Girl....
You know that I have a ton of pictures of your children in that old dining room. just have to ask.
I LOVE THE NEW LOOK -- the Dining Chairs never looked so Beautiful.