Monday, March 14, 2011

Who needs a dog?

This is a question that I have asked myself countless times since Saturday evening. It started out as an innocent enough evening, we went on a walk through our neighborhood. It was absolutely beautiful outside and a very enjoyable walk. We got back home and the two little ones decided that they needed to go to the bathroom. No big deal, right? They then proceeded to drop their drawers in our front yard, 10 yards away from the front door. Still no big deal, I wasn't panicking yet...and yet is the key word. I went to go help the youngest not pee on his pants, but then it started getting a little hairy. He kept trying and trying and I thought, "This doesn't usually take this long, I wonder what the problem is." And then I thought some more and realized that something bad was happening. Luckily I moved my foot not a moment too soon. And yes, what you're thinking is exactly what that child did. In my front yard. In the grass. Gross. I grabbed him, carried him inside with his pants still down and promptly put him in the bathroom. I then put Spencer on pooper-scooper detail and it was really funny to see him outside with a bag in his hand scouring the yard for the "prize". So once again I ask, who needs a dog when you have children?

3 comments:

Wammack Family said...

Best mom story I have heard in a while!

TLC said...

OH. WOW.

Now THAT....is a story!

Kathy Finch said...

that is too funny and agree - who needs a dog!!!